Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wurqq!


After almost a year of casting my resume about like huge confetti, I finally received a response! This is such a relief because I was beginning to think I was unhire-able – this latter day Depression really sucks, y’all. I know I shouldn’t celebrate because I don’t have the job (yet), but it’s so nice to see an email in my inbox with the initial sentence of “Thank for your recent resume submission,” and not have it end with, “ . . . at this time we have decided to move forward with other candidates.” Suck it AAA, FedEx, Panda Express, and the various other nameless offices seeking support staff via Craig’s List who didn’t want me! Somebody thinks that I, with my decade-and-half’s worth of administrative assisting experience, would be perfect – PERFECT – for a janitorial position. So, nyah (I’m sticking out my tongue in your general direction)!

Seriously, though, Calvin the cat was diagnosed with pneumonia and diabetes right before I quit my job to attend school full-time, and the various diagnostic techniques and initial treatment put a huge dent in my savings for school. Then Calvin’s end-of-life care managed to wipe me out financially. This interview request is a godsend, and I’m really hoping for the best. With summer break about a month away, getting a job now would be excellent timing. I could devote myself to training without having homework get in the way, and if I could save for the next three months I would be in gravy come Fall semester. If you’re reading this light a candle, or handle a snake, or whatever you do for good karma - do it for me, please!

 images courtesy of Flickr: confetti by ADoseofShipBoy; patriotic brooms by MissTessmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment