Monday, July 25, 2011

Again?!

Well, I managed to do it yet again. After a year-long search, I managed to find another inflexible boss. Yay, me.

This job was supposed to offer flexibility in relation to my school schedule. During my interview, I made sure to say that school was my priority, and he told me that as long as he and I connected one day a week it would be fine! So imagine my surprise when I asked to change my work schedule from Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday to Monday-Wednesday-Friday for the four-month semester that the answer was, "That won't work for me." He's semi-retired and barely makes it into the office twice a week much less three, and even then I'm scrambling to find work because he's totally hands-off. Does business pick up in the fall? Is he anticipating needing my assistance every Tuesday and Thursday from August to December? I hope not because I'm banking on all that downtime to get my homework done.

No comments:

Post a Comment